Recording options

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Beckzilla, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Beckzilla

Beckzilla New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Indiana

Advertisements

Could someone please give me all the options for transferring recorded programs off of my HR10-250 and how exactly to do it. Can I transfer to my computer? How much space would be used on a DVD+RW when transferring HD programs as opposed to SD?

2. RMSko

RMSko Active Member

Sep 4, 2001
    Westfield,...
    You can't transfer HD content as HD since there are really no HD recorders out yet. Your primary options are to save to VCR or a DVD recorder (in each case you use the "Save to VCR" option. You simply set the output resolution to 480i and then save. I don't know if there are any other options for saving, but a search would probably tell you if there is.

3. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    with my panasonic E80 I use Svid from either HDtivo or my T60 to capture 2:11 or 2:12 worth of stuff on the hard drive. (after editing.) 3 episodes of most 1 hour showed edited down fit nicely on the -R.

4. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    Not exactly. I have friends with Scientific-Atlanta PVRs that regularly archive HD shows to DVD, maintaining the HD resolution and quality. The only reason this does not work using the HR10 is because you need a firewire output. If you want to archive HD, it can be done.

5. Beckzilla

Beckzilla New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Indiana

Advertisements

When I use the "save to vcr" feature am I still able to watch regular programming at the same time or not?

6. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    when you are saving to vcr,that tivo is literally locked up....the only thing you can do is watch it or cancel the recording. You can't even FF thru commercials. I just tried this today and found out.

That's when a 2nd tivo comes in handy to watch other stuff :)

edit, note if you just start the recording manually you CAN FF thru it. Depends if you want that title screen or not