recording options question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ukerin, Aug 8, 2007.

1. ukerin

ukerin New Member

Jan 1, 2005
    There are a few shows that I record weekly and after they are in the Now Playing list I set the keep until option to keep them in the Now Playing list for 7 days but I have been running into a problem lately.When I make this change a conflict comes on the screen and says it is going to delete shows[not always the same ones ]early.So nothing has been deleted before I have had a chance to watch.At least not lately but it has happened in the past .Why is it just these shows .Is there anything I can do to stop it from continuing to happen.Thanks in advance for the help.

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    The message is just TiVo's way of letting you know that if you don't delete any programs it will have to start deleting shows early to make room for all of the shows you have scheduled to record. As long as you watch them and delete them in a timely manner then you have nothing to worry about. However, you may want to look into upgrading your hard drive so that you no longer need to worry about running out of space (then again I have found the more speace you have, the more you find you want to record).

3. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    A corollary of Parkinson's Law. :)

4. ukerin

ukerin New Member

Jan 1, 2005
    That ia why I so not wan an upgrade.