Recording ON Demand ???

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Heinrich, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

Feb 28, 2002
    MLS socker game with "MLS Direct" package gives me on channel "10" Seattle vs Chicago at 8:30pm EST. I'm going to assume that channel "10" means channel 750 as that's the ONLY logical conclusion. Customer Service could not help. NOw, channel 750 gives me 30 minute blocks that just say "MLS Direct Kick" every 30 friggin minutes. How do I record this game in advance?

2. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    May have to set up a manual recording, specifying times and channels.

3. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Are you looking for the game tonight? It's not on until Saturday. Try channel 760.

4. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

Feb 28, 2002
    well that was in fact very dumb, I was on the wrong day, apparently not scrolling the half-hours enough. It does show up as MLS SOCCER on each individual channel.

A season Pass isn't so great since it really seems to target a particular channel, as I remember. I spose I shall have to make about 8 season passes, one for each channel.

5. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Or just use a Wishlist. Use Category: Soccer, and Keyword: (team name). That will pick up the game on any given channel.

6. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

Feb 28, 2002
    How about keyword MLS ? Will that work? Then I can pick my European games with teams.

7. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Well, that's interesting. It lets me "view upcoming programs" just like a "to Do" list, and, that will make it record all those 1/2 hour blocks. Can't do that. lol! Might be easier to try a season pass on each channel.

Or give in and type all team names as suggested.

8. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Why did Tivo pick a stupid SD low quality crap recording of Chicago Fire vs Kansas City instead of the HD version a few channels away!?!? And how do I force HD on a wishlist like this? And why should I have to :(

9. Sashieden

Sashieden New Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Take the time and uncheck the nonhd channels in the channel list, if there is a HD version. It'll take 5-10 minutes depending how well you know your channel line-up but you'll appreciate that you won't run into these situations.