Recording length error

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TKnight206, Jul 19, 2021.

1. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016

Advertisements

I created a WishList for Dead Pixels since it wasn't in the guide at the time. (I missed season one.)
    Then season two came on, and I set a OnePass.
    I think I then unset the WishList... if I remember the order of events.
    I can't remember if I cleared the recording from my ToDo List, but I may have.
    But I think I had to set the new episode to record manually.
    The 31 minute recording (30 minutes plus extra minute at the end) ends up being properly recorded apparently (waiting to watch season one somehow still) but the record time shows "6 hr 38 min" when looking at the episode. You know, in the bottom right of the screen.

File size seems correct for my local CW affiliate.

Has anyone had something like this happen before?

This is one of the weirder things I've seen my TiVo do. Not sure what triggered it.

2. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I've seen this happen multiple times over the years. Doesn't seem to have any pattern I can discern. This size on disk is fine, and the time of the show when it's actually played is fine. I've just ignored it.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  3. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Do you recall the record lengths?

4. Mr Tony

Mr Tony formerly known as "unclehonkey"

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    yup seen that happen many times. I record say a 1 hour program and it may show a weird length (like 7 hours 12 minutes)

5. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID

Advertisements

No, not exactly. They length displayed was much longer than the actual show. For a 1hr or 2hr show, I may have seen lengths around 6-8hrs, and on occasion 39+hrs. Yeah. The space on disk jives with the actual recording.