Recording from Zap2it.com problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by JLaamanen, Dec 26, 2007.

1. JLaamanen

JLaamanen Member

Nov 11, 2007

Advertisements

I posted in help and got no response, I'll try here once to see if someone can help.

I just got a new HD for OTA viewing. I get the following message when trying to schedule a recording w/ computer from Zap2it.

"Sorry, this program is not available in the channel lineup for this DVR"

I think the guide is in good shape and the only TIVO I have is what is appearing on Zap2it.

I did go to TIVO listing site, picked program, forced a connection, and it seems to work.

So.... now looking for a way to customize my channel list on tivo like I can on Zap2it. It shows far too many channels.

Could it be that Tivo shows channel as 62.1 but Zap2it shows it as 44?

Thanks
    John

2. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
    Zap2it does not show OTA HD/Digital channels in it's online guide in the same format Tivo does...

At least it doesn't here...

here it shoes channel 9.1 as 35.... Which does not match the Tivo lineup, THe Tivo wants 9.1 Zap2it is telling it to record on channel 35 and Tivo is saying that channel doesn't exist on me...

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Use TCO.

It's the only online scheduling that successfully integrates OTA/cable digital channels (e.g., 18.1) with analog cable channels in the guide (like your TiVo does, except so far, you cannot list only your available channels or favorites. It lists ALL your channels, even those you can't receive but are in nearby markets).

4. JLaamanen

JLaamanen Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Not a big deal, but would be nice to have this feature as I use Z2I normally for my listings :(

John

5. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN

Advertisements

ItÂ’s working for me today. It looks like they fix the OTA channel listing problem. Zap is now listing the OTA channels as 9.1 instead of its frequency number.

6. JLaamanen

JLaamanen Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Hmmmm...

Z2I's channel numbers are now showing up as 7.1 for instance, instead of actual freq. I've seen it go both ways at times. I did a test and it now works :)

I guess I'll just have to be aware of how Z2I shows the channel and with luck they'll settle on a way that works.

John