Recording ends before show ends

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by David B Gregory, Apr 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. David B Gregory

David B Gregory Member

Feb 25, 2018

Advertisements

I have a problem recording shows, mainly TLC and HGTV on Xfinity. They are off by 2 minutes I get the end of the previous show and the one I record ends 2 minutes early. Aggravating!
    I have run clock update on network with no improvement.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Sounds like you need to adjust your 1P for those shows assuming your TiVo is showing the correct time (bring up time.gov on your mobile device and compare to your TiVo).

Scott

jrtroo and fcfc2 like this.
  4. global_dev

global_dev Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Northern VA
    dont some channels now do begin and end off the :30s? i see it all the time.

5. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003

Advertisements

Every know and then, my shows get cut off too early as well.

6. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Some channels are notorious for this, and even some specific shows are always off. For example, Last Man Standing on FOX always seems to start and end about 30 seconds early, and the show following it always runs about 30 seconds long, so if I do not pad the recording by one minute, it is cut off. Similarly, the 5:00 pm news shows I watch are ALWAYS already in progress at 5:00, so if I care about the first little blurb of the lead story, I have to start my recordings 1 minute early.

Of course you cannot always know when this is going to happen, but when you to see it repeatedly on a specific program or channel, the only solution is to adjust your recording start or stop padding times to match what the station is doing.

7. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Stations do it so much in the Mountain Time Zone, all my SP's start 2 minutes early and go 2 minutes longer.
    Still, there will be instances where it either misses the beginning of the show, or cuts off before the end.
    Used to be a huge issue in the days of single tuner and 2 tuner TiVo's, not so much now that I have a couple 4 tuner models.