Recording Conflicts - Strange Behavior

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bellbm, Mar 30, 2020.

1. bellbm

bellbm Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Chicago

Advertisements

Last night (Sunday), I set a recording for a special on PBS. When I made the request, it said there were conflicts, and told me which show wouldn't record. Ok, no problem.

Well, the special never recorded. Instead, the 4 season passes that were set recorded. What I find interesting is that the special is airing again on Wednesday, and Tivo has already set to record it (I never requested it to record that airing).

This seems to be a change from how Tivo has acted in the past. Usually if I set a recording, it tells me there are conflicts, but records the show I want. Not reverting back to the season passes.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

2. bellbm

bellbm Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Chicago
    Has anyone else had this issue? I’m still having problems. Now I’ve been scanning the to do list often to make sure TiVo is cancelling the recordings I’m setting. Very annoying.

3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    manual recordings should always have highest priority (even over passes), but if there was a time/content change in the guide after the recording was set, i've seen weird things happen with manual recordings, up to having them disappear from the tdl altogether.

see if you can re-create the issue.

4. bellbm

bellbm Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Chicago
    Just had it happen for a recording on Monday. I had set it one day last week (selecting in the guide), it said one of my season passes wouldn’t record, I said ok. Confirmed it was in the to-do list. Checked today (Sunday) and it was gone.

I think you’re right in that it is happening after guide updates. And unfortunately, the guide is such a disaster. I’m seeing many updates not happening until later in the day. But I also get that many last minute schedule changes are happening due to the current pandemic.

5. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al

Advertisements

i know it's not as flexible, but if it's happening with the same show(s) on a regular basis, you might try a wishlist instead (just a thought).