Recording Conflict Resolution

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by willardcpa, Aug 20, 2006.

1. willardcpa

willardcpa QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Feb 23, 2001
    Eugene, OR USA
    Found a thread over in the UK forum that addresses conflict resolution. This is included in Tivowebplus. I ran into a problem with it regarding it giving me a message regarding channels that were not a "whole integer" so I went looking for the solution. I wonder if very many folks are using this, as I would have expected to see more discussion here re: it and the "whole integer" problem as I ran into it right away.
    Anyway, having used it. I have an issue. It seems to imply you can use the name of the other Tivo that you would want to record the unresolved conflict on, but I can only get it to work if I use the address (eg 192.168.1.2). Is there a way to use the name?
    And if anybody else ran into the "whole integer" problem. The answer is to eliminate the " -integer" phrase on line 210 of the confres.itcl file.

2. willardcpa

Feb 23, 2001
    Eugene, OR USA
    Got some advice from Sanderton over on the UK forum re setting up the tivos names in /etc/hosts file. Found dnemec123's set up in the empty NPL thread re setting up the tivo's name in the etc/hosts file. But it still doesn't seem to do the trick in the tivowebplus conflict resolution set up. Even set up the tivo name in /etc/hosts in both upper and lower case, confres seems to use lower case no matter what you enter in the box.

3. willardcpa

Feb 23, 2001
    Eugene, OR USA
    Found the answer. Had to set up the tivos names in the computers hosts file. Since what the confres file does is go back out to IE and readdresses it to the second tivo box. So the tivo name was not an issue within the tivo itself, but on the network via the computer.
    From the overwhelming response I have been getting here I presume that maybe not all that many are using this utility. Try it its really neat. I can go in and check all of my Dtivos (5) for "unresolved conflicts". And if I still want to record something that isn't because it is below two other programs in the Season Pass manager, I can shoot over to one of the other Dtivos and see if it can be recorded there. All the while sitting at my computer using Tivowebplus.
    Of course I guess there is another probability - that most folks have me on their "ignore list" and they haven't seen my miscellaneous ramblings. ;) :D