Recording and watching different shows with Satellite

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by wash1114, Aug 20, 2007.

1. wash1114

wash1114 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    I have a TiVo Series 2 80gb unit. Recently I switched from Time Warner cable to Dish Network. They setup the 322 receiver and since then I am not able to record one show and watch a second at the same time. I had this working perfectly with my cable box. I am wondering if this is still possible with satellite and if so, can someone walk me through the setup of this.

Thank you.

2. BobCamp1

BobCamp1 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2002
    You can't do it directly with the Tivo.

However ,your Dish receiver has two sets of independent outputs. So if you got an A/B switch or if your TV had a secondary AV input, it should be possible. I don't know if selecting anything on the secondary tuner would display anything on the primary tuner (and thus ruin whatever the Tivo is recording). But you could try it first with a second TV set to see what happens.

Without looking at the back of your TV, it's tough to tell if your TV can handle this or not. If not, you can always get an "A/B switch" and manually switch between the Tivo and the receivers secondary output. But it's tough to give detailed instructions unless everything is known.

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    If your TV has A/V in, simply feed TiVo A/V out to that, and the 2nd RF out on the Dish box to the TV RF input.