Recording a Series

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by vettegofast, Jan 15, 2006.

1. vettegofast

vettegofast New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Hey all,

I like to record series events so i never miss an episode. I also notice that sometimes I will try to record the series and the episode will not have a record symbol on it at all, like the request didnt go through. Tried it multiple times and it wont work. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    First, you need to give it a little while to update the To Do list. Changes may not show up immediately. You can also go into the To Do list and select View Recording History. There you can scroll forward and see if the episodes you want are listed as "Won't record". Select those to see an explanation why.

3. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    And if there isn't an entry for the episode in the (future) recording history, that means that the TiVo doesn't believe the show matches the recording criteria of the season pass or wishlist you used to record the series.

For example, if you have a Season Pass or auto-recording Wishlist that is set for First Run Only (FRO), then any episodes that originally were broadcast more than 28 days ago will never be listed in the recording history. They aren't a First Run show, so they don't match the recording criteria. (*Bad or incomplete guide data may cause some reruns to be picked up by a FRO season pass / wishlist.)

And Season Passes are channel specific, so if you have a season pass on channel 4, it will never record episodes off of channel 5, even if the show appears on both channels. The episodes on channel 5 will not have entries in the recording history, because they aren't on the channel you told the TiVo to record from, they
    don't match the recording criteria. (Now an auto-recording wishlist will record from any channel in the Channels I Receive list)

4. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    vettegofast; Are you referring to setting up a series on a TIVO powered unit, or an R15... (as I have seen your posts in the other forums, referring to an R15)

There are some "series" that can't be setup for Series records on the R15.

5. vettegofast

vettegofast New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Its an R15. Sorry.