Recorded show >< Live TV jump button

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by pstgh, Dec 15, 2004.

1. pstgh

pstgh New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Atlanta
    How about a "new" button, or a re-assigned button on the existing remotes to allow one to jump back and forth between the last recorded show play (resume play) and live tv for those times when you are watching a recorded show, but want to be able to monitor a live tv broadcast- like a sports game or something....?!?!??!!

2. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Or, using the TiVos LiveTV buffer.

LiveTV button (to go to live TV)
    Left button, Play button (to go back to resume your recorded show)
    - or -
    if you wanted to pause the LiveTV buffer first:
    Pause, Left, Play

True it's not a single button toggle, but it's pretty quick.

3. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    The Enter button on the bottom corner of my remote jumps between the last two viewed channels of live TV. I would love it to jump between the last two of whatever I've been watching instead.

Tivo means not watching live TV as much, right? So why waste a button that only applies to live TV.

4. C5Bill

C5Bill New Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Has any progress been made on this in the latest software updates? Any new work-arounds??

This was a feature I used often on the Comcast DVR.

Thanks, Bill

5. ActionLance

ActionLance New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    :up:bump:up:

6. jweaver15

jweaver15 Member

Mar 28, 2008
    A work around that I use is when watching a recorded show I can hit "Live TV" to watch a current show. Hitting the left arrow brings you back to the page for the show I was watching then select to resume.

So 2 key hits instead of 1 but not too bad.

7. sonyhomenet

sonyhomenet New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    What I want to know is....what happened to the "List" (now playing) button ...replaced it with an "aspect" button (on the HD unit) ....we found the list button MUCH handier than the aspect button...(got an aspect "toggle"on the remote for the TV!!)