Recorded Programs Have 0:00 Duration

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by GrtEscGtr301, Aug 15, 2007.

1. GrtEscGtr301

GrtEscGtr301 New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    I have 2 TiVos (both S2) that have been exhibiting some strange behavior lately. Occasionally they will record a show but show the duration displays as 0:00. The effect of this is that you can't FF or REW through the program, but if you watch it straight through you can watch the whole program. If this was only on a single unit I would think it's something wrong with that box, but it's happened on both boxes so perhaps it's a system problem?

Searched the forums for anything similar, but couldn't find anything, so apologies if this has been asked/answered before. Has anyone seem something similar and is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advance.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I agree that having this happen on two boxes is unusual. However, I would restart/reboot the units as this will cause it to fix this type of problem from occurring again.

3. GrtEscGtr301

GrtEscGtr301 New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Have done this already a couple of days ago. No re-occurance yet, but we'll wait and see. Was asking in the meantime in case there was some other deeper problem or fix I could apply. Rebooting the machine (although it's been a mainstay of my "tech support" style for 20 years) just seemed so ... lame.

Thanks for the tip.