Recorded movies won’t play

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by DebbieZ1, Jul 15, 2020.

1. DebbieZ1

DebbieZ1 Member

Sep 8, 2007

Advertisements

Hi. I have a TiVo Roamio Pro. When I try to watch a recorded movie nothing plays. I tried about 20 different movies and the same thing happens. My tv series play just fine. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you so much. Debbie

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just to check Debbie, in My Shows move to the movie. Move Right. Now hit Info. Scroll down to the bottom. How large is the movie?

That works for TE3. It may be the same for TE4.

3. ajbeaman

ajbeaman New Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Had the same thing happen to my Roamio Plus. It listed movie but only a black screen showed when I hit start. I just unplugged for 2 minutes and rebooted and all was well.

4. DebbieZ1

DebbieZ1 Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Thanks so much for your responses. I restarted the TiVo and so far that seems to have worked. Lots of funny glitches going on for a while. Is TiVo going out of business? Not as it used to be but I have 2 TiVo’s which I love and I’m not ready to get give up on TiVo. YET ‍♀️

5. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT

Advertisements

Bounce around this forum and you will get plenty of predictions and opinions on Tivo's future. Some think Tivo has lost its way, some think it cant and shouldnt compete and others feel there is no better dvr around. Have fun!!

6. misterclick

misterclick New Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Just my 2 cents. ever since that TiVo+ inserts their ads at the beginning of recordings, the recording just shows a black screen sometimes, as if the ad is NOT loading or something. but it has happened to me that nothing works, the ROAMIO still shows the amber light of the remote, but nothing. I have to restart the darn thing. This happens quite often, but not all the time. Sometimes I just let the ad run for sanity sake. I need to call and "opt-out"