recorded frozen screen

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Stormydog, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Stormydog

Stormydog Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Has this happened to anyone with a Premier XL?
    Set up recorder to record a weekly show. When I went to replay it, I got a full hour of a frozen screen image (of a commercial). I could not get it to play and I fast forward thru the hour recording and every bit of it was the same screen image.

I have heard of frozen screens simply because of digital signal glitches. Never had this problem before going digital.

Why would I record a full hour of this? Since it can happen at any time for any reason, we are constantly subject to wasting the recording session. It is even worse when the episode is no longer available to record again. UGGGGH!

I doubt it is just a Premier problem, but more of a broadcast problem. This is just as aggrevating as cable shows that shift start/stop times and you miss the ending of shows because the clock time ends on the hour. My wife is just about not willing to watch Tivo recordings because the show is cut off before the end. You can not extend recording time every time you record a show. Too many conflicts with other recordings and a complete hassel to do. Why do networks shift their show times like this?