1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Record to a specific box from guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by nerdles1, Aug 12, 2018 at 2:55 PM.

1. nerdles1

nerdles1 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Is there any way to record to a specific box from the grid guide? Say I was going through the guide see something I’d like to record an be able to pick which TiVo box it will go on to. Reason I ask is a few times in the past it has told me it will record on one of my other TiVo’s when I was selecting a show to record. I would like to find out if that’s something that can be replicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Go to the TiVo on which you want the recording to be done.
    Hit Guide.
    Hit Enter.
    Search for the program.
    Select and set the recording/1P.
    I do it frequently. But why not use TiVo Online?

3. nerdles1

nerdles1 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Was speaking of doing it from one box. Yes TiVo online is an option but don’t have a phone or iPad around as much as remote. And I was asking because I saw the behavior before maybe all my tuners were recording and gave me another box on the MOCA network as an option. Not sure but it did seem to do that at that time.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Check out this older post.

Recording from one TiVo to another TiVo

It's a new feature of 20.2.2 software. I think a lot of it is in preparation for TiVo Mini support where obviously the Mini can't record anything itself so needs access to the host TiVo to setup recordings, SPs, etc. I have some notes on less obvious 20.2.2 enhancements:

HDUI My Shows remote browsing
    - Play shortcut now works
    - Recently Deleted folder of remote unit now accessible and functional
    - Remote scheduling (setting up season pass on remote unit)
    * From My Shows browse another series 4 TiVo
    * While still under remote My Shows click on Guide button
    * Find a show to record in the guide and then click Select on it
    * Here it’s important to choose "Season Pass & other options" (not Record this episode)
    * Now you should see the name of your remote unit at top left of the screen and when you choose "Record this episode" or "Get a Season Pass" it will record on the remote unit instead of the local one.

- Modifying or deleting remote Season Pass
    * From My Shows browse another series 4 TiVo
    * Find a recording related to SP or recover it from Recently Deleted
    * Select recording and then choose "More options" and the "Modify this Season Pass"
    * Now you can change SP options or choose "Cancel this Season Pass"

Scott

5. nerdles1

nerdles1 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Awesome find exactly what I was talking about. This is a game changer for me. I have three boxes and like to sort things out a little better. Don’t have to run to another room to set a recording.
    Thanks soooooooo much

6. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Try and get used to using your iphone or tablet app. Much simpler to do many tasks rather than on screen, plus you don't have to stop watching TV.