Record particular season

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by sgreen0, Apr 11, 2011.

1. sgreen0

sgreen0 New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Is it possible to record a particular season of a TV show?

For instance, I never saw Season 1 of The Closer and would like to record it. Can I tell Tivo (Premiere XL) to only record Season 1?

Thanks.

Stephen

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    No but using the Episode Guide in the HD UI you can set wishlists for each specific episode from the first season.

Search for The Closer, go to episode guide and then select episode 1. If there are no upcoming airings you should have an option to create a wishlist for that episode and it will create it for you. Warning though these won't work if the episodes have any punctuation or characters you can't enter on the season pass or wishlist screen like for example L.A. Law or C.S.I..

3. sgreen0

sgreen0 New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Thanks. A little cumbersome for a whole season, but it looks like it will work...

Stephen

4. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Does putting in a year work as a keyword in a wish list?

If this would work you could put in the years the show originally broadcast (and the next). You will get some from season 2, but they would be easy to delete.

Also, once they start with repeats in syndication they usually go in order. At that point you could probably figure out the time and channel of the upcoming episodes and set up a manual recording to catch them all.

Food for thought anyway.

5. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Good thought; but no. (At least not for TV shows. It does work for Movies).

For whatever reason TiVo's wishlist search will check the 'Movie Year' field, if present, but not the Original Air Date field, and that guide data field is the only place the episode's year is stored.

6. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    If there was an actor/actress that appeared only on the season(s) you want you can add them to the wishlist.