Record only a specific season of a show

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tidal_Wave_One, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Tidal_Wave_One

Tidal_Wave_One New Member

Nov 26, 2007

Advertisements

Can I set up Tivo to record season 3 only of Battlestar Galactica?

I set up a wishlist with "battlestar" for the title and "2007" for the keyword but it didn't seem to find the shows (I'm not sure exactly when season 3 aired anyway but I thought they might all be 2007 episodes).

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Unfortunately the year is only available as a keyword for movies. If there was an actor/actress on season three that was not on the other seasons you could add them to the wishlist.

3. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    an often requested feature from me was well. Be awesome to hit certain seasons

4. flaminio

flaminio New Member

May 21, 2004
    Redwood...
    Having the year as a keyword (aside from movies) would be awesome. I'm sure it's been requested many times.

For example, I like to watch documentaries. It'd be great to be able to set up a wishlist for something like (documentary AND 2008) -- that way, when the new year comes I'd ARWL any new documentaries that play.

5. esb1981

esb1981 Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Connecticut

Advertisements

Anyone have any recommendations on this? For instance, I want to record Season 1 of "24" and Season 1 of Battlestar Gallactica whenever they come on. The only thing I can think of is finding out what the episode titles were for the first episodes, and then when they finally record I would get the rest of the season manually.

That said, for a long time I had an automatically record wishlist for 24 with "Day 1" as a title keyword, and nothing ever came of it.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Do the episode #s show up in the guide data that keywords search? If so, you could do something like search for part of the title and 101 or 102 or 103 or 104, etc..
    really more of a pain than skimming listings manually IMHO.. but *possibly* doable.

7. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    For season 3 of Battlestar Galactica, set up an auto record WishList for

8. esb1981

esb1981 Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thanks scandia, I think that's really the only way to make it work - of course it takes forever to type all that stuff in, so what I'll probably do is make the Wishlist for the first couple episodes (so I don't miss them), and then when they come on the air I'll know to look at the episodes and set them up manually, assuming they will be shown in order.

I've tried setting up wishlists using episode numbers and have had no luck - I think the keyword search only looks at the show description, and not the other information.

9. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    scandia101's suggestion is probably the best reason I have seen for USB keyboard support on the Tivo.

I bet you would have better luck using TivoWebPlus to somehow automate the recordings of a certain season.