Record expired programs

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by mclark11, Aug 24, 2011.

1. mclark11

mclark11 New Member

Feb 19, 2003
    Sometimes I want to set a season pass for a program that just finished playing a few hours ago. TIVO will not let me record that as a season pass. I always think I'll remember next time I see that program but I always forget until it's too late again.

So, can you change the tivo record program options so that if a program is in the past, I'm still able to set a season pass to it?

2. Hawkeye22

Hawkeye22 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    When looking at the show, use the view upcoming epsiodes and create a season pass from one of the upcoming episodes.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    You can't do it from the guide. You can do it from "Browse by Time" or "Browse by Channel", even for a show that is over. At least on the Premiere.

4. smgeisler

smgeisler New Member

Dec 23, 2001
    Pittsburgh,PA
    You could make a wishlist for it. You can even do that for future shows that don't even exist yet. i.e., you see a preview for a show starting in Sept but you can't make a season pass, just make a wishlist for the show's title and set it to record automatically. Then when the show finally airs, create the season pass.

5. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Some show ads also have the TiVo Thumbs-up feature enabled. These ads display a little TiVo thumbs-up logo in the corner. When playing one of those ads, pressing the Thumbs-up will automatically record the show. Once recorded, one can then set a season pass from the recording.