Record buffer missing on single tuner

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by John Harkins, Jul 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. John Harkins

John Harkins New Member

Jul 5, 2020

Advertisements

I have a bolt vox on software version 21.9.7.v8-usc-11-849. I’m with Spectrum cable so there’s a cable card in unit. It mostly works fine but I occasionally find that one of the four tuners isn’t being buffered. A reboot will fix it for a while but it returns again after a few days. I’ve turned suggestions off with no improvement. For the affected tuner, as long as I remain on the channel, it will buffer but if I switch to another tuner and then return, the buffer will be reset (empty) again. This seems like a software problem so wondering if anyone else is seeing similar. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  2. John Harkins

John Harkins New Member

Jul 5, 2020
    Since my original post, I have noticed that the software has been updated to version 21.9.7.v10-usc-11-849, however the problem persists. But I think I've discovered a trigger event for the 'bug'. We occasionally have program interruptions for local emergency situations (for instance severe storms). I noticed the last time this happened, I lost the buffer on the channel I was watching. What I mean by that is the buffer will appear to be working as long as I remain on current channel, but if I use the Live button to watch one of the other tuners and then navigate back to the original tuner, the buffer on the original tuner is gone. Reboot fixes the issue but it's annoying. These emergency interruptions are quite obnoxious in that they completely take over your set for a minute or two - full screen, can't tune away. That said, this is really looking more and more like a software bug in handling these emergency interruptions. Appreciate a response if anyone else has noticed similar. Thanks.