Recommendations recording on channels I've disabled

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by nelamvr6, Jan 2, 2012.

1. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New London,...
    I'm confused!

I have a Premiere Elite. As soon as I got it set up I went through my channel list and de-selected all the channels I don't want to use, leaving mostly HD channels.

This afternoon I discovered that Tivo was recording a show as a recommendation, and it was recording a movie in SD (shudder!).

So I stopped the recording, then went into settings to disable that channel, only to discover that I had already disabled the channel in question.

What gives? How could this happen?

Whet we really need is a setting to tell Tivo only to record recommendations in HD.

2. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    Has it been two weeks since you deselected the SD channels? Those recommendations may have been scheduled prior to the channels being deselected.

3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Also worth noting, if it's a recently purchased Elite it can take a few days for it to update the OS to the current one that does not have the zombie channel issues, but suggestions it has set to record before the upgrade will still be recorded, as matt says, give it 2 weeks to clear them out.

4. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New London,...
    I did receive what my box called a "Service Upgrade" when I first set up the Tivo, would that be the OS update you mentioned?

What is the latest version of the OS?

Thanks for the info!

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    yes, that would be the update, and somewhere there's a thread on the current version details but it's not worth doing anything about since you can't manage it yourself.

6. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New London,...
    Thanks! :up: