Recomendations for uploading clips

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kws, Oct 11, 2015.

1. kws

kws New Member

Oct 16, 2014

Advertisements

Sorry if this has been asked before or if it’s a dumb question, but I was wondering what most people use and what you would recommend to upload clips from a TiVo to a video hosting site like YouTube. I have a Roamio and also a security DVR with an HDMI output so I would like a standalone device that has one or more HDMI inputs. I’ve used my computer in the past but it would nice to have something that is standalone like a TiVo where no computer is necessary, and it is as fast and easy as using a smartphone camera that can upload directly, but something without the shaky picture and audio issues of using a phone. Is there a standalone DVR or PVR that can do this? If not what is the closest way to do it that you would recommend?
    Thanks

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo is about the only DVR which allows you to copy recordings to/from it, as long as its unprotected. You would need a PC to do more than that.

3. kws

kws New Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. When you say "about the only dvr that can do it" do you know of any others that might be able to do that? Using a phone is so easy to record and upload a clip, it would seem there would some direct connect method to do it other than using a computer. Thanks again.

4. mbernste

mbernste Active Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Piscataway, NJ
    A PC with a Ceton capture card and cable card or a Mac with an El Gato card and cable card unless you are recording from over the air sources.