Recent Audio related issue on NBC local channel ONLY

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by pauljr1121, Oct 2, 2007.

1. pauljr1121

pauljr1121 New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    I recently began experiencing issues with my NBC affiliate channel (KCRA in Sacramento) on both of my Directivo's. I own a HDVR2 (with an upgraded 120 gb hd) and a Samsung SIR-S4040R (with an upgraded 160 gb hd). Drives were self installed and purchased from Weaknees. The audio is very low and I have to turn the volume up on my surround sound 8-10 levels higher on that channel only. I have listened to the sound of that channel on other TV's, non-Directivo systems, and the audio seems fine. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Particularly those from the Sacramento area.

2. sgoldblatt

sgoldblatt New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Interesting, I am actually on the line with TiVo at the moment regarding the same issue with an NBC affiliate channel in Kansas City. My sound, when turned way up is extremely distorted and staticy (is that a word?). I have a good ol' Philips Series 1... hoping that it is not done for, but interesting that you are having the same issue.

3. Dad440

Dad440 New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    New London CT
    I have finally figured out every morning for the last 7-10 days, my wife puts the Tivo R-10 Directv on local NBC news here in New London, CT, and it freezes between 8:30 to 9:00am on the local news.

Tonight, I was watching Fox News, and the other tuner was again on the local NBC WJAR Channel 10 ("The Singing Bee"), and it rebooted.

I called Directv again today, got put through to the service plan support dept. , and the gentleman said he had no awareness of this issue or any problem with software version 6.3e, and recommended that I reformat my hard drive. I asked him to escalate it which he said he would.

This is the 4th phone call I have made, and so far Directv is not taking this software issue seriously. My next step is to contact my local cable or see if UVerse has Tivo service. I will not use Directv's crappy R-15 replacement unit software.

4. sgoldblatt

sgoldblatt New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I am getting the runaround. Cable co. says it is not them (Everest Communications in Kansas City), TiVo says it has to be a cable issue. No fix yet, but I will certainly continue to call TiVo to get this resolved... it is obviously a box issue, but why it is happening - I am not yet sure.

5. jcoylema

jcoylema New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    We had a similar issue with video earlier this year. The problem was isolated to a single local channel.

The solution: a full reboot of the our DTV Tivo system including disconnecting the power supply for 2 to 3 minutes. We haven't had the problem since.

6. SLOmike

SLOmike New Member

Jan 31, 2002
    SLO, CA
    Did you realize that this is the DirecTV with TiVo forum? DirecTiVo units will not work with cable.