Receiver,Tivo,phone line?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by dick43, Jan 12, 2006.

1. dick43

dick43 New Member

Jan 12, 2006

Advertisements

Can I take a new receiver to someone house who has a phone line to make the 2 calls to activate the receiver. I'm using an access card from my old receiver. Do I need to be hooked to a satelite dish and TV to do this? This is Directv with Tivo. Samsung Model S4080R

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Yes you can. But first you need to make the initial call to Direct with the Sat lines connected etc.

Once you do that and they perform their activation. Pack it over to your friends house to make the phone calls.

3. rlj5242

rlj5242 Active Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Southaven, MS
    What SpacemanSpiff means by the initial call is the call you make to D* to turn on the programming. You give them a credit card number or your billing info and they activate your receiver.

-Robert

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Right, I didn't speak clearly.

Something to consider when making the modem calls. If you don't have an R10, you most likely will have to download the 6.2 software. I'm not certain exactly how long that call lasts, but it can be over an hour.

5. dick43

dick43 New Member

Jan 12, 2006

Advertisements

Sorry , I'm not sharp at the different receivers or accessories. For example R10. I have no idea what an R10 is. This is why I found this forum so I could start picking up a little knowledge.
    Thanks for your help,Dick S.