Receipt Needed For Warranty Claim?

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by ChevyS10, Jul 26, 2007.

1. ChevyS10

ChevyS10 New Member

Mar 14, 2006
    Hello..

Have a Humax DRT800 that just crapped out...can't tell if its the hard drive or what. I was wondering if Humax is going to need a receipt for a warranty claim or if they would just go off of when the unit was activated. It is around 9 months old.

Thanks

2. itsyvonne

itsyvonne New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I just called them this morning and they are sending me a new unit (after I allowed them to charge my credit card with a deposit they will refund when I return the unit I have). The rep asked me if I have a receipt, and I said "yes," but I'm not sure if I am going to be required to include it when I send back the other unit. I will update here when I find out.

Actually, I just remembered she said something about it needing to be within 60 days of purchase date (I just got mine about a week ago). I thought it was a year warranty, so I'm a little perplexed.

I'd recommend you just give them a call..they're there 24x7!!

3. rubikskube

rubikskube New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    You usually need to prove some form of ownership, and the receipt is the easiest way, do you still have the box?

4. ChevyS10

ChevyS10 New Member

Mar 14, 2006
    Still have the box, but I figured could prove ownership via printing the account information off of Tivo.com to show activation date....