Rebate vs 2 year commitment?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by texas arsenal, Jan 24, 2006.

1. texas arsenal

texas arsenal FCDallas.net

Feb 3, 2005
    Frisco TX
    My current D* commitment expires at the end of this month and I just bought another R-10 from ValueElectronics (great transaction BTW). Now Im not sure if I should

A. Mail in the 100.00 rebate and re-up for 2 years

B. Just pay the full price for the R-10 and have no commitment.

There are advantages either way but after hearing what D* has in store for the next few months (i.e. rate hikes) Im not sure which is the best move.

Thoughts?

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    You don't have a choice.

The Rebate is not tied to the 2 Year commitment...

They are independent of one another.
    Just activating an "advanced product" which the R10 is... you will be re-upping for 2 years.

3. texas arsenal

Feb 3, 2005
    Frisco TX
    I already called this morning and told them since Im not (maybe not) using the 100.00 rebate I didnt want the 2 year commitment. The CSR said they will waive that if the reabte isnt used.

4. Dood

Dood New Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Cali
    If you read the agreement, at least the one I got with the R-15, it says that you can pay the "fine" or return the equipment in lieu of the "fine".

5. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    If I purchase a used DTivo (say a DSR7000), am I automatically re-upped for two more years upon activation?

6. texas arsenal

Feb 3, 2005
    Frisco TX
    Yes, rebate or not its 2 years. I called retention to see if they would offer 1 year if I didnt take the 100.00 rebate and they said its 2 years only. I did get the standard 10.00 off for 6 months. So that coupled with the 100.00 rebate I guess I can live with a 2 year agreement.