Reaper "Cash Out" OAD:12-4-2007 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Dec 4, 2007 #1 of 20
    terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

I loved Sam getting the call from 'Cady' only to find out it was the Devil promising to do fun things with him.

Even better, later when the Devil explains that the vessel was only half full... Sam exclaims 'my god' and the Devil says something along the lines of 'HEY! easy on the G-word' :eek: :p :D

2. Dec 4, 2007 #2 of 20
    cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent. TCF Club

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Another good episode. They've done a good job introducing some interesting serialized elements (although I'd sure like to get back to the page Sam's dad tore out of the contract) while keeping the escaped soul plots pretty fun (after a dry spell in that regard). This show is exhibit A for why I am frustrated with the strike. It's just found its footing in the last month and is living up to the promise of the pilot, and now it's gone (or about to be).

3. Dec 4, 2007 #3 of 20
    retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Good episode. Too bad about the GF. ;)

4. Dec 5, 2007 #4 of 20
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    So I missed the show last week. Was it a new one where we first met Sam's new GF?
    Since two weeks ago was a repeat of the second episode, I assumed that they were already out of new episodes. It looks like I was wrong ...

5. Dec 5, 2007 #5 of 20
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN

Advertisements

I'll spoilerize for others who may not have seen it...

Yeah, he met her at the very end of the episode, after helping out her mom, who was the Devil's girlfriend for many years. So Sam's new girl is possibly literally Satan's spawn.

6. Dec 5, 2007 #6 of 20
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Another good, fun episode. Damn you, writers strike!!!

7. Dec 5, 2007 #7 of 20
    minorthr

minorthr Your Ad here

Nov 24, 2001
    Who puts a man through a wall that was messed up man :D

I love this show.

8. Dec 5, 2007 #8 of 20
    jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    Don't you have a season pass for the show that would record it automatically?

9. Dec 5, 2007 #9 of 20
    LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I did not like this episode nearly as much. I think it was because it focused a little too much on Sock and Ben, particularly Sock. Sock is good as comic relief in small doses, but this was way too much of him.

10. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    When is the last show before they are out due to the Writers strike?

11. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
  12. dansee

dansee Sayonara

Oct 23, 2003
    I really enjoy the show, and it's one of my favorites of the new season -- but this one may have been the least enjoyable for me. Might be, as Loadstar said, that there was too much Sock.

However, I also think it's because, in a way, it feels like things are starting to bog down a bit. There's just no sense of the characters growing or getting anywhere. Everybody's behavior is largely predictable... to the point that I can usually see what's coming next. Still, it truly redeems itself at unlikely moments. Talking to Ted about gambling... "I see that monkey, clinging to your back..." cracked me up.

Some truly fun stuff going on, I just worry that it's going to be less and less funny, the older the joke gets. Let's hope not.

13. Enrique

Enrique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2006
  14. Uncle Briggs

Uncle Briggs Go Blues

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern...
    Yeah, that was great. I think Ben is my favorite character.

15. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    And it's great that he gets hurt during every capture. He's the Kenny McCormick of Reaper. Only he doesn't die, just gets hurt or put in extreme peril. :D

16. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I can't believe it took me until halfway through the episode to get the "Johnson & Wang" joke.

17. Mars Rocket

Mars Rocket Loosely wound

Mar 24, 2000
    Sinnoh region
    I liked the episode, but the acting - especially Ben's character - was sub par. At times their line readings were so wooden it took me out of the show completely. It was almost like they were reading off of cue cards.

18. nvoorhies

nvoorhies New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    I'm sure i'm not alone but this series has to be my favorite on TV by far. I'm all for the cause of the WGA, but for the sake of this show sticking around I hope they get their differences resolved.

19. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I'm just not sold on this show. It doesn't seem to go anywhere. It's rarely funny, only when the devil is on screen basically, and the FOTW stories are pretty boring. I hope the writers have some time to think of something new and fresh to do with this show while they are striking, because if not, I am likely to cancel the SP after a few more boring episodes. There is some modicum of hope left in me that the devil's daughter storyline will go somewhere... but really, I can't sit through an entire season of FOTW episodes that are this lame.

20. nvoorhies

nvoorhies New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Obviously you're allowed your opinion. Personally after the great disapointment of heroes since the second or third to last episode of the first season i'm a bit tired of serial stories. Episodes once in a while that advance the plot or such is great, but I have to say i really enjoy single shot episodes... not that i'm comparing the show itself to Buffy, but I personally appreciate the light hearted bad of the week style format. I much prefure that to a show that tries to build up an entire season to a climax lacking in well, everything.