Reaper - 5/27/09 - S02E13 - "The Devil and Sam Oliver"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by BitbyBlit, May 27, 2009.

1. BitbyBlit

BitbyBlit .

Aug 25, 2001

Advertisements

Excellent episode. I love how Sock was so concerned about Ben getting the Blu-ray player that had a special place in his heart. :D

I'm thinking Steve's "mess up" was intentional, although I supposed it's possible he didn't get recruited into stopping Sam until after Sam's first contest.

And I suppose the ultimate plan must be for Sam and Andi to get it on in the fires of Hell so that their love can transcend evil. At least Andi now knows what it's like to have one's soul owned by the Devil, so she can stop being so judgmental about Sam, who didn't even have a choice in the matter.

2. minorthr

minorthr Your Ad here

Nov 24, 2001
    For what is probably going to be the series finale I thought it was ok.

3. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    That is the season (series) finale??? Feels like there would be 1 more ep?

4. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    So sad that this was the last we'll ever see of Reaper. :(

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

It's been a long time since I've liked Andi. But this episode, I really liked Andi.

And if it's going out on this note, I guess it's nice that it's going out on this note, becauee I just know that next season, sooner rather than later, they would have thrown some artificial barrier to the Andi/Sam relationship again, and she would have gone back to being unlikable.

6. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I wish they would at least spring for one more wrap up episode...

7. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Purveyor of Idiocy

Nov 19, 2002
    Somewhere...
    I agree with Rob, Andi was much more likable this episode. All in all, an enjoyable episode, but I'd hoped for a bit more of a conclusion given it's cancellation.

8. Brute

Brute Member

May 14, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    I thought ABC Studios was trying to shop this one into syndication for next season?

9. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I think they were/are trying, but that is really a long shot, and we most likley would have heard something by now if it was happening.

10. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    ABC makes it, but doesn't want to put it on ABC?

11. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    That happens a lot. CBS makes Medium, but it's been on NBC for years.

12. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    No comment on the exorcism? No comment on the toads? C'mon now...

I thought the Devil's reaction to the mirror table was great. Who drinks a glass full of (whatever) and doesn't notice a toad in the glass. It would be obvious, especially when filling it. Nina pointing to Sock and saying, "It jumped" was pretty good. I did like the new greeter, as someone to hate intensly.

She was smoking Morley's, which was the brand that Cigarette Smoking Man smoked on the X-Files.

13. BitbyBlit

BitbyBlit .

Aug 25, 2001
    Well, this is Sock that we are talking about. I don't find it hard to believe that he didn't notice it. Or that he did. :D

14. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Actually Morley's have been around since at least the 60's where they appeared in an episode of Mission Impossible. It seems to be a brand that crosses over many TV shows and movies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morley_(cigarette)

15. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    My guess would be that no matter who it is Sam is working for (the devil) he is still doing the work of the good (capturing evil souls that escaped from hell)?? Maybe?

16. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    I have always thought that the work Sam was doing was mostly 'good'. Hope to see the show returned but, as I understand it, some of the cast has already found new work and have moved on. Sock, I think.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Sock has only found new work if Reaper is not renewed, although it would be interesting to see if his contract would survive the transition to syndication.

But if Reaper were renewed on CW, there's no doubt that Sock would have to go back to Reaper, and the show he did the pilot for would have to recast.

18. Mr_Bester

Mr_Bester New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    According to this guy, Syndication won't matter, he still has to come back...
    http://community.livejournal.com/reaperdmv/46875.html

How much he actually knows, is the real question.

19. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    But other actors have worked on two shows concurrently in the past. Why can't they still do that?

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It would require the permission of whichever show has contractual priority. In this case, they're not likely to give him the time off he would need to be the lead in another show.