Reality Junkie Alert: FoxReality airs entire Lost [travel competition] series

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by weymo, Jan 3, 2006.

1. weymo

weymo timeshifter

Jan 26, 2003
    Atlanta
    You may recall a series called 'Lost' which aired on NBC right around the time of 9/11. Few episodes actually aired although Travel Channel revived it temporarily for a while.
    In the vein of 'The Amazing Race' the series promised to drop challengers off in the middle of nowhere with no information about where they are (even what hemisphere) and are left to find their way home.
    The entire series will air as a marathon on FoxReality, Sunday 1/8 from 11:00 am until 5:00 pm. An additional marathon, Sunday 1/22 at 9:30 am will include behind the scenes segments from cast an crew.
    Times listed are Eastern.

http://www.foxreality.com/schedule_showtimes.php?storyId=576&catid=95

2. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Aren't they worried about the New and Hot/popular Tv show LOST on ABC?

3. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    Cool! I remember enjoying this when it first aired.

4. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    Dang it! I wish my cable co would carry this channel. I thought the first group was pretty good, the second not so much. It could have been a better show if they done it right.

5. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Of course it didn't help that NBC originally showed only the first and last episode of the second group. Episode 2 was just dropped without explanation.

I thought this show was pretty good. A lot like The Amazing Race, but a bit meaner. A lot of people at the time didn't like the fact that the contestants always had to beg for money (an aspect added to TAR in later seasons). I loved the way they were just dropped off in the middle of nowhere with no idea where they were.

If you didn't see it the first time its definitely worth a watch.

6. jaydro

jaydro Senior Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Durham, NC
    The issue mentioned here also affects DirecTV customers with Fox Reality SPs, like "Lost."

7. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Yeah, I've set up two different SP's for Lost (the NBC show) on Fox Reality. First time it listed upcoming episodes to be recorded, and then the next day showed no upcoming episodes. Set it up again, checked it today, and no upcoming episodes again.

So I deleted the SP and went through the program guide and set up one-time recordings for any episodes I could find. So far that seems to be working but its a PITA.

8. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Wasn't this show adversely affected by 9/11 coverage?

Also, one of the contestants went on to be on another reality series as one of the "Boy Meets Boy" ringers.