"REAL" streaming audio to TiVo from PC? - Not playlists

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by LoveandTIVOtion, Sep 2, 2011.

1. LoveandTIVOtion

LoveandTIVOtion Tivo Newbie

Apr 11, 2005
    Chicago IL
    I'm not speaking of creating a playlist that is accessible from the TiVo, rather I want to have it play whatever is coming being pushed through the soundcard.

I have DJ software on my computer and would like to use that since I can crossfade, add effects, etc.

I remember a year or so ago, I found a way to connect the TiVo by creating a bogus radio station that actually used the IP address from the PC. However, back then, it rarely connected and when it did, would often drop the connection. Also, there was a 5+ second delay, making any sort of mixing impossible.

2. maddhatter99

maddhatter99 New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I am not sure if these solutions are what you are looking for, but here are two ways to serve up music to a TiVo; pytivo and J. River Media Center. Pytivo is free, JR Media Center will cost $50, an eval is available for download. JR Media Center has a TiVo plugin that serves up your music collection, playlists, and most importantly smartlists.

There are a few other options out there, but I am not sure they are active (I didn't check); Galleon, Harmonium, and AudioFaucet.