Real Humans (Äkta människor) blu-rays

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

I've been trying for years to find blu-rays with English subtitles of the Swedish sci-fi show Real Humans (Äkta människor), upon which the British-American Humans was based, without success. But now alleged blu-ray rips with English subs are showing up at certain magical sites. I can't find any source for them...they also have French subtitles, so I suspect it's from France or French Canada, but Amazon, Amazon.fr, and Amazon.ca don't have anything like that (there are some old blu-rays/DVDs but they don't have English subs).

I would LOVE to finally add these to my collection...does anybody have any idea where these files come from? I do have a multi-region blu-ray player, so if it's region-locked that's no problem for me.

Thanks!

2. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    There appears to be a Season 1 DVD set with English subtitles in Region 4 (Australia; most of the Americas south of the USA). The only place I could find it in stock is at amazon.co.uk, and it's used.

3. Allanon

Allanon Active Member

Nov 2, 2005
    A lot of times subs on magical sites are just google translated from subs of a different language.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Just a random question. Do you just want to see the original, or is this one way better or something?

(I saw at least one full season of the English version, maybe more.. it's in the pile of I'll get back to it sometime.. the infinitely growing pile, but I *do* go back and finish things sometimes... as in there are items removed from the pile even though it's overall growing.)

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

I have a fairly crappy SD download of the original series (both seasons), but I've always wanted to find a quality HD blu-ray. I wouldn't say it's better or worse than the Anglo-American remake, but it's definitely good. Lower production values, but maybe tighter writing.

6. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    The UK version was pretty good, but I never understood why they had to use William Hurt in the first season. It's like they needed him to try and sell the show in the US (like Gemma alone wasn't enough).