ReadyNAS fast transport (TS) restores bad, pytivo okay

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by jth tv, Apr 7, 2020.

1. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014

Advertisements

RN214 ReadyNAS backups work great using fast transport.
    But for me, T3 Roamio restores of those files does Not.

Yet a PyTiVo Desktop restore of those same ReadyNas files does work fine.

Perhaps there is a configuration problem with ReadyNAS. I have been unable to find the ReadyNas log of Restores. Hopefully there are some logs somewhere on ReadyNAS that will help, I could sh to take a look.

Any ideas ?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  2. ClearToLand

ClearToLand Old !*#$% Tinkerer!

Jul 9, 2001
    Central Jersey
    TS Sync Errors?

When you speak of "pytivo restore", do you mean @wmcbrine PyTiVo or @Dan203 PyTiVo Desktop? IIRC, Dan added code to ignore TS Sync Errors when sending files back from PC -> TiVo.

Personally, I only use PyTiVo Desktop to (repeatedly) download shows via Transport Stream (to get unscrambled Closed Captions with zero TS Sync Errors) and then I use Streambaby to view these shows (with FULL TiVo Trick Play from my NAS). Since my NAS is also running Plex, I can also view these shows on my Amazon Fire Tablets.

I'm *VERY* thankful to @Dan203 for adding "0x47 every 188" (PyTiVo Desktop / "0x47 every 188" / TS Sync Errors: Do You Use It?). :thumbsup:

[And confused by the lack of support / interest from other TCF members back in 2017. :confused: ]

3. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Using PyTiVo Desktop to restore the ReadyNAS files works great. I'll edit message 1 and read up on the TS Sync Errors. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  4. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    ReadyNas uses minidlna to restore files to Tivo. I turned on minidlna debugging. The logs are filled with a Sony Receiver and a Sony BluRay talking DLNA even though they are in standby, so I had to unplug them to make the logs easier to read.

There was nothing that would explain the problem, the file stops transferring and nothing in the log explains why.