re-registering a DirecTivo

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by shredhead, Jan 22, 2006.

1. shredhead

shredhead Guest

Oct 14, 2003

Advertisements

Just got an HDVR2 (used) and called DTV to activate it for my account. They said it was still active on someone else's account (that person is still paying for DVR service I guess) and could not take it off there unless that person called.

Anything I can do about this? Do authorized dealers have some inside track to fix something like this? Obviously the other person would want this removed, however I don't have a way of getting in contact.

2. undertow

undertow New Member

Feb 2, 2002
    If it's still active on someone else's account, just hook it up and use it. Once they unsubscribe it, you'll know because you'll lose all the channels and you should be able to add it to your account at that time. That happened to me a couple of years ago.

3. shanew1289

shanew1289 New Member

May 6, 2004
    edwardsville...
    I wouldnt steal service at all.

4. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    Who would sell their Tivo and not deactivate it? That's strange.

Don't know what to tell you on that one. Can you activate the DTV service on it?

5. undertow

undertow New Member

Feb 2, 2002

Advertisements

Well, he wouldn't be stealing service since he has a subscription and the guy he bought it from has a subscription and is still paying for the unit he sold. The problem is that he'll only have the channels the seller subscribes to and if he lives in another market, he'll get the seller's local channels if they're receivable through his spot beams.

6. no-blue-screen

no-blue-screen New Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    Who did you buy it from? Maybe you can get in touch with that person or company and explain the situation to them.