RCN users: post-crush, how long until your guide data was correct?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by flyersfan, Sep 22, 2009.

1. flyersfan

flyersfan New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    eastern PA

Advertisements

RCN has started their analog crush in the Lehigh Valley and I believe my area is one of the first to go through it. While this isn't strictly an HD/S3 issue, we've had an S3 w/2 CCs for years with almost no trouble.

The channel lineup is almost completely different. Of course I've submitted the change request to Tivo but I'm wondering how long it will take to get everything right. Chicago, Boston, or NYC RCN users: how long was it before your guide data matched up with your new line-up following the crush?

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    If you (a) call TiVo to inform them of the changes, and (b) submit a lineup change form with a summary and the local contact number for RCN, then it should take 3-5 business days. If you did not provide TiVo with the local contact number, then it could take much longer.

TiVo (Tribune) will not make any changes without confirmation, and there is no confirmation until they are able to contact your local RCN system.

3. flyersfan

flyersfan New Member

Nov 11, 2002
    eastern PA
    Yea, I submitted the form and provided Tivo with RCN's contact info. I even linked a .pdf from RCN's site showing the new lineup.
    We've had little updates here and there but I've never gone through such a massive change as this one. That's why I wondered about RCN markets that have already gone through this process.

4. audioscience

audioscience OG Lurker

Feb 10, 2005
    New England
    I just got RCN cable this morning (Boston) and noticed that the HBO channels were off. Tivo has them at 300-306 but they are actually 400-406.

I just submitted a lineup change form. We'll see how quick it is. Flyers, did the lineup change resolve for you?

5. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area

Advertisements

I hope you included RCN's local number with your lineup form.

I would also call TiVo to report the changes, too.

6. audioscience

audioscience OG Lurker

Feb 10, 2005
    New England
    I didn't find the local number but included the 1-800 number. I also linked the Boston lineup webpage in the additional notes section. That should be pretty straight forward.

Surfing tonight I see that there are some other channels that aren't correct. I might resubmit a lineup change once I figure out what's all messed up.

7. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Interesting . . . I've had RCN Boston for years now, and the HBO channels were (and are) in the right place. What did you choose as your lineup? I think the correct answer is "Digital rebuild extended".

8. audioscience

audioscience OG Lurker

Feb 10, 2005
    New England
    Yeah, I just got an email from Tivo telling me to redo the guided setup and to choose "digital rebuild." I'm pretty sure I chose digital the first time around but I'm not sure how many choices there are. I'll check it tonight, well see.

Thanks.

9. audioscience

audioscience OG Lurker

Feb 10, 2005
    New England
    You were right Tiassa, I reran guided setup, went into the advanced choices for the lineup (which I never knew were there, you must press enter on the lineup screen I believe) and once there I think it gave me four choices, Digital Basic, Digital Premium, Digital Rebuild Basic and Digital Rebuild Premium. Digital Rebuild Premium was the one that had all of my channels but I still had to go in and uncheck a bunch of channels that I didn't receive. It did have all the stations on the correct channel though which was nice.

Problem solved.

10. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Glad I could help, the problem is that the way Tivo determines which lineup you have (is station ## channel XX?) doesn't work because a lot of the lower numbered channels are the same on each of the lineups. When I installed my 2nd Tivo (earlier this year), I had to keep answering "no" (even though I was seeing the appropriate channel) until I got to the "choose your lineup" screen. It looks like they have now put in a menu choice to get you to that screen.