RCN customers...heads up!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jondar, Jan 21, 2006.

1. jondar

jondar New Member

Aug 15, 2004

Advertisements

Just a quick note to RCN cable customers; they just did a significant change to their bundles and offerings. If you have their Digital Vision package, it appears that all of the formerly premium channels (Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, Starz, Encore) are now part of the package, as well as the On Demand channels for each.

Check your cable box...if you're now receiving those channels, don't forget to add them to your "Channels You Receive" list on your TiVo!

(Now, if there was only a good way for the TiVo to properly label On Demand programs you record.)

2. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Label's like 'Hey dummy, you paid $4.95 for this when you could have used the new S3 to download the same movie, and thousands of other movies, as part of your $18.95/mo TiVo subscription price.' would be nice.

3. jondar

jondar New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    LOL...I was thinking more of a label like, "Here's that episode of Deadwood you wanted to see that wasn't scheduled to be broadcast anytime soon, but was available free on HBO On Demand as part of your subscription."

4. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Imagine if TiVo could interface with On Demand via Wish List and Season Pass type functions, and record everything you wanted as part of a $4.95/mo subscription.

Time to make some serious deals with HBO and Starz to expand their subs and TiVo's.

5. jondar

jondar New Member

Aug 15, 2004

Advertisements

Now that *would* be truly cool. I doubt the TiVo would ever be able to control the cable box well enough to actually tune On Demand programs though. I have to bounce through at least 4 screens before getting to choose the program I want...and then there's the lag before the program starts. It'd be great to see it happen though.

6. Gregor

Gregor Wear Your Mask! TCF Club

Feb 18, 2002
    I'm hoping Tivo will make enough deals to make this content downloadable instead of bouncing through menus.