Rca Dvr80 FROZEN ON POWER UP SCREEN

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by CFD062, Jul 12, 2007.

1. CFD062

CFD062 New Member

Jul 12, 2007

Advertisements

Directv Rca Dvr80, Powering Up Screen Frozen, Understand Possible Hard Drive Problem, Would Rather Repair Than To Get The Crap Directv Has Now. Can I Make This Happen? Thanks

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Sure, you can replace the hard drive using a pre-installed image drive from Weaknees or PVRUpgrades. Or buy a drive and use Instantcake. Both methods are very easy.

3. k2010

k2010 New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I have two Tivo's they both went out about a week apart, Frozen on start up; technician says time to buy another one, I do not have 300.00 floating around could use at least one Tivo box though for now, I see refurbs for 79.95 but I can not use my existing plan they say, why not ?? one year has to start all over again? I have been paying on time for the past 4 years; Why can't I buy one and add it to my current plan? scrap the other ones, techs say the drives are fried; can someone at a high level flip a swicth, pull the trigger and let me me buy a Tivo box so I can use it with my existing 12.95 a month plan unless anyone has any ideas I am open for suggestions, who is the top guru I can call e-mail and or send letters to and or is there a simple way and don't say ebay or weakness; I can only afford around $80.00 or can someone takes these two large paper weights and trade them in series 2 40GB the older 2005 models, Thanks e-mail me at notermites@gmail.com my name is Kevin and need some tivo help please.