RCA DVR39 -- Any Value?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rthomp30, Jul 23, 2007.

1. rthomp30

rthomp30 New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Advertisements

I recently moved to cable and now I have (2) Direct TV receivers w/ DVR (Tivo) model RCA DVR 39. It appears that these units aren't used much anymore. Is there any value on these units or should I just pitch'em? Both have remotes, access cards, and at one time I wanted a larger hard drive for more recording capacity and so I actually bought the hard drive but never found the time to install it. Both units are bone stock original equipment.

2. ForrestB

ForrestB New Member

Apr 8, 2004
    Similar units are selling on ebay for $40 to $50. There's a good demand for these units - because the have the Tivo interface (not offered by DirecTV anymore) and they're easily hackable to enable multi-room viewing, music and photo streaming and lot of other stuff.

I would keep or sell the hard drive seperately - the value of those things never goes up.

Also I would destroy the access card - it's linked to your DirecTV account and they're typically not transferable.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY