Ray Donovan Season 6 ** SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Tony_T, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Just finished S6.
    Sucked.
    Used to be a good (not great) show.
    Should be cancelled

Martha likes this.
  2. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Past two seasons have been depressed, moping, reactive Ray. Much less entertaining to watch than masterful, in-control Ray. And I don't know where the directors got the idea that it is more entertaining to have long scenes of brooding and literally time-skip most of the action scenes so that the action occurs off-screen. I watched most of the episodes on 2x or 4x speed, and they were STILL too slow paced.

3. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    Agree...I have one question.

I only half watched the final two episodes. What happened to the cop in the end? (The one who Ray stayed with at the beginning of this season).

4. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    He brought Ray to Bridget, then committed suicide in the parking lot.

Martha likes this.
  5. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Makes you think and causes a reaction. I would say that is a success! Great show!

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Good season but the finale was pretty bad. Shoulda ended last week.

I had a real problem at how Bridget was casually dismembering those bodies...WTF? And that kid she married should have run for hills. In fact when he asked Bridget and Terry if they wanted water, I thought for sure he was not coming back.

And no details at what happened to Winslow. I thought that when Ray was leaving the building from the parking lot, we were going to see her splat on the sidewalk.

7. kerry431

kerry431 Member

Jul 28, 2005
    He hung her....

markymark_ctown likes this.
  8. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I found it ridiculous that:
    1) Mick, an escaped (framed) murderer could just walk (and drive) around and not get caught.
    2) The police would need Bunchy to find Mick, and could not find him by just following any of the Donovans
    3) That the Mayor of NYC (after a deal with Ray) could get Bunchy set free (he attempted to murder an officer while helping Mick escape.)
    4) That they can spend all night dismembering (with a chainsaw) and burying 3 bodies in a residential neighborhood with no one noticing.
    5) Lena just knew the length of rope needed to hang that guy
    6) Ray could kill Samantha and get away with it.
    7) That Terry could win all those fights when all his opponent needed to do was hit him in the chest (with the implanted medical device)
    8) Every single loose end of the season neatly tied up (they can just cancel it now)
    9) Ray pulls a gun on the Mayor with 3 bodyguards having a
    9) …and more! :)
    Terrible, awful season.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  9. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Great season 6...enjoyed the characters in NyC

10. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    It was all downhill after Ray jumped off the roof ;)

11. super dave

super dave Friend Of The Court

Oct 1, 2002
    Maple Shade, NJ
    And how could Ray spend all his time wandering around with a concussion? He was constantly getting his head beat in.

12. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    I thought the same thing exactly. Really out of character for her.

I liked this season better than last season's depression-fest but it's a far cry from what it used to be.

13. markymark_ctown

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    I loved the addition of the Sandy character and her rat tail. A female Mickey...

tlc likes this.
  14. markymark_ctown

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Best episode of a strong season. For the haters, you might have to suspend real life to enjoy...just like other shows

[​IMG]

15. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    But she'll always be Mac's mother (IASIP) :)

16. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    What loose end was left dangling?
    (other than will all of the Donovans go to jail for murder).
    It looked to me like they tied everything up with the S6 finale.

17. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    Not a hater but just don't agree. The show in its heyday, to me, was a strong Ray creatively solving problems for the rich and/or famous. Intertwined with all this were his various and many family issues. It was always the combination of family, conflict and violence but his mental issues going back to Abby's death have really taken the show down, IMO.

The last 2 years has been a family melodrama with some downtrodded, depressed version of Ray doing some of what he does. He started getting back to himself this season a little (when he got out of his sweats and back into the blazer/white shirt) but it didn't last.

The latter episodes, with his imbecilic family more cartoonish than ever, was just not compelling to me, culminating with Bridget ever so nonchalantly jumping in and dismembering bodies, as if was second nature to her. :rolleyes:

Martha, markymark_ctown and john4200 like this.
  18. markymark_ctown

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    And what about Alan Alda? I think we’ll be seeing more of him next season as Ray has a redemption

19. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    That's a potential story line, not a loose end. I really think all loose ends were (unbelievably) tied up in the S6 finale.

20. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I want his cell phone,never needs a charge
    Lol

I binged all 6 season over last 4 weeks,I have to agree,early seasons were much better.
    Least they didn't kill off Lena,she is only reason I watch.

markymark_ctown likes this.