Rant: Tivo stop changing my settings!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by schatham, Jan 26, 2017.

1. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007

Advertisements

I am sick and tired of Tivo changing the my shows list order every day! I am also tired of Tivo adding streaming to my one passes that I have already changed to recordings only. They do this every day also.

Last night I was rewinding and it would rewind some and start fast forwarding all on it's own while showing the rewind arrows still in rewind. I could not rewind the show even though I was ahead 30 minutes on the buffer.

RSCHOON and wtherrell like this.
  2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I've never seen a OP change from recording only to streaming.

Also never seen the sort order change. I know there is a bug with the sidebar thing that causes it to reshow after a reboot, but you shouldn't be rebooting very often. (get a UPS if you don't have one)

The last one sounds like it had some wonky encoding on the video.

Or all three could be explained by your kids/spouse using the app to mess with you. :)

3. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Are you in the D.C. area? The crazy rewinding and such sounds like the FIOS issue we experienced on Fox.

4. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Changes sort order of shows back to by date all by itself nearly every day. I have to go back in and reset it to alphabetic every time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RSCHOON likes this.
  5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

Hmm... I use by date most of the time, so that could be why I haven't noticed it.

In fact now that you mention it my Mom said something about this recently and I just assumed she was hitting the button by accident.

6. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    The sort order reverts back to date here more often than not as well.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You are truly blessed. My Roamio and Mini boxes have that sidebar a few times per week, with no relationship to guide updates. Of course I have a UPS for everything. True, one can expect it with a restart, but I don't have restarts unless I make them happen.

8. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Can't we combine this with the other rants on the same thing? We are all frustrated, but now we have a million threads on the same thing! A new frustration!

9. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    Some one passes I don't use streaming options, some I do. Lately it seems when I open the folder to watch a show all the streaming options are their along with my recordings and I have to cycle through the C button to remove them so I only see my recorded shows. This stuff seems to have started about a month ago randomly. Now it's happening daily.

10. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    No, Comcast. It was a music channel and maybe it's not allowed.

11. jpwbikes

jpwbikes New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Sandy...
    My sort order is changing almost daily too! It goes from Name back to Date in Now Playing and from Season to Date in my folders. The sort order used to stick before 20.6.3!

12. met_fan

met_fan Member

May 12, 2014
    Easthampton, MA
    The season to date thing really annoys me. More than once I have started a recording only to realize I'm watching the series out of order because I'm used to selecting the earliest episode at the top of the list, but now it's often flipped.

13. RSCHOON

RSCHOON Member

Sep 7, 2013
    +1 on the annoying season to date issue in folders and the date issue in now playing. It never stays on what I choose anymore.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

wtherrell likes this.
  14. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It doesn't require a reboot. It will just happen every few days. In the past these issues would never be allowed to exist for this long without getting fixed. I guess this is what you get with Rovi running the company.

15. Digital Man

Digital Man Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Seems to revert every day for me. Super annoying. Getting tired of hitting C twice then B twice in every folder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk