Random Missing Episodes on Netflix Instant

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by DrOct, Oct 15, 2011.

1. DrOct

DrOct New Member

May 11, 2007
    So I was pretty excited when Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was finally available for instant viewing on Netflix. It's my favorite Star Trek series.

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed when I loaded it up on my Tivo and saw that there are LOTS of missing episodes, but they are random. It's not like I'm bumping up against the 100 episode limit I've read about.

So for example, when I open up the Deep Space Nine series the episodes listed were... S1E1, S1E2, S1E3, then we jump to S2E1, S2,E2, then we jump to S3E10, and then thing seem to be ok for the next couple seasons at least with full seasons showing up.

And now I've just noticed that the first episode of the series S1E1 has now disappeared from the queue.

All of these episodes are available for instant viewing on the website... What's the deal? Anyone else having this issue on their Tivo's? For reference I have a TivoHD.

2. DrOct

DrOct New Member

May 11, 2007
    Huh. And just like that they'r back. I watch a bit more of Episode 2, quit out of Netflix (just trying it again since I'd read that sometimes fixes the issue, though it hadn't for me previously) and suddenly... Everything is back. Full Seasons 1 and 2... Things all seem to be there till I hit the start of Season 7, but I assume that's the bizarre 100 episode window happening.

Perhaps the Tivo saw me typing out my complaint! ;)

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    That's the Netflix 100 episode bug for ya, when you have watched episodes, they can disappear from the list so others can appear, but they didn't really disappear.

I went through the entire series of MacGyver, all episodes, all 7 seasons, on Tivo.

4. kb7oeb

kb7oeb Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Phoenix,AZ
    I've just discovered this bug on stargate sg1. I've just started watching from the beginning and later seasons just have episodes 1 and 2. What is the workaround do different episodes appear after working your way down the list?