Raising Dion (Netflix) *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Oct 15, 2019.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Raising Dion | Netflix Official Site

I started watching this Netflix show a couple of days ago and am presently starting episode 4. It's a pretty low key (so far) about a young boy's and his mother's struggles with his emerging super powers. I like it a lot so far. Unlike most shows with young kids, the boy (Ja'Siah Young) playing Dion seems like a natural actor. His mother is played by Alisha Wainwright, who does an excellent job of portraying the love, fear and exasperation of raising a powered child. (Plus, she's smoking hot.) Michael B. Jordan plays a minor, recurring role, at least so far.

2. Jeff_in_Bklyn

Jeff_in_Bklyn Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Really? I pretty much stopped watching because of his OVER acting. Way over the top.

3. Allanon

Allanon Active Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Watched 2 episodes and will continue but I agree that the kid is over acting.

4. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    We are about 3 or 4 in. We are enjoining it. I agree the kid is overacting but the mom is keeping us in it. Her acting seems to be top notch.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I think the kid's acting is fine. Especially when compared to the other kids on the show, he's practically DAniel Day LEwis.

6. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    We all (me, hubby, and the kids) just binged this over the last three days. There were lots of twists we were NOT expecting and we all really liked it!

jasrub likes this.