Raging Rudolph 12/16 and 12/18

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by PeternJim, Dec 14, 2005.

1. PeternJim

PeternJim New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    If I read it right, the Mad TV episode with the much-raved about claymation spoof of the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer show is going to be playing on Comedy Central on 12/16 at 6PM EST and again on 12/18 at 9AM EST.

Never having seen it, I am really looking forward to it!

Peter

2. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    :up:

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Never even heard of this before, but sounds good, so thanks for the heads-up.

I liked the Rudolph-like animation at the beginning of Denis Leary's "Merry F%&^$ Christmas" special.

4. elshagon

elshagon New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    I have this on VHS somewhere...will definitely tivo it. It's pretty funny, kind of Sopranos meets Santa.

5. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Great! I need a better copy than the tiny ones I found on the net.

6. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Unfortunately, it wasn't Raging Rudolph... it was a Rudolph take on Apocalypse Now. I had never seen it, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Raging Rudolph.

7. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I think I liked it better! The ho-ho-ho-horror! :D

8. PeternJim

PeternJim New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Never having seen Raging Rudolph, I can't compare. Phooey. I still want to see it! Oh, well, I will keep looking. That's what the Wishlist is for!

Peter

9. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I have a wishlist for Mad TV that has been picking up a lot of Christmas episodes the past few days. I just watched one that had Rudolph as the "Reinfather". Anybody see that one?

It was hilarious. He was "Don Rudolph". An elf wanted to start his own toy company but the head elf wouldn't let him, so he went to Rudolph for help. Rudolph sent Yukon Cornelius to the head elf's house to "make him an offer he couldn't refuse". Of course the head elf ended up with a polar bear head in his bed the next morning, and then in revenge Yukon got sprayed with machine gun fire.

After that Don Rudolph called a meeting of all the other Dons (Don Comet, Don Cupid, Don Donner, etc. :)) to make "peace". And then while Don Rudolph was attending a baptism, all the other Dons began getting offed one by one. One got his head chewed off by the Bumble.

It was great! My wife didn't think it was too funny though. She doesn't like anyone messing with "the classics"! :D

10. corkyq

corkyq New Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Wow, it's so great that you all love my work so much! Your appreciation is most appreciated!

I created Raging Rudolph (written by Spencer Green and Mary Williams Vilano) for MAD TV ten years ago, so it's amazing that it is still being watched, sought out, talked about.

Sorry to Mark's wife for messing around with a "classic" (actually two classics if you count Rudolph ! But thanks for appreciating A Pack of Gifts Now - my personal favorite of the trilogy.

Thanks also to Windracer for acknowledging my work on Denis Leary's Merry F#$*ing Christmas as well!

By the way, I still have a few Yuletide Dementia Promotional DVDs left. They contain all the Christmas or Winter themed stuff I did for MAD TV and others, including the (uncensored) Denis Leary Music Video - a few of them un-cut - in the form they were in before Fox's standards and practices (censors) got to them...

email me and I'll send you the link... or you can figure it out from here: three double yous - dee oh tea spacebassfilms another dee oh tea then see oh m then slash webpages slash christmas dee oh tee html

A Merry Freaking Christmas to you all!!

Best,

Corky Quakenbush

11. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Corky...

Thanks for chiming in, and welcome!

*edit* and since Corky can't post links yet, here's the translation of his secret code!

12. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I had no idea the two were even related, but :up: :up:

So how did you find out we were talking about your work? Doing some vanity Google searches? ;)

13. corkyq

corkyq New Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Ha! How did you know?! More like just trying to keep my work available...the trouble with Television is that things show once or twice and are gone forever! And I didn't do Raging Rudolph for the money! (oh I got paid, but you wouldn't believe how little - I love those guys at MAD TV, but there was a reason I left after season 4). It really feels good as an artist to know that one's work is enjoyed...I've done other stuff which is just as funny (in my humble opinion) but never sees the light of day because it just doesn't run any more - for instance, "Bitanic" in which Kate Winslet falls in love, not only with Leo DiCaprio, but with Ellen De Generes who is doing stand-up as part of the ship's entertanment... - and "Dirty River Dancing" which is Dirty Dancing with an Irish theme... at least things like "Sex Toy Story," "Furious George," "Davey and Son of Goliath," and all the "Clops" episodes still run on MAD TV in syndication...

other than that - I feel like the folks that are really into my stuff should have access to the cut I handed in - before standards and practices clipped their wings, ya know? Ha!

and Hey, thanks, PJO1966, for putting up the link!

Merry Freaking Christmas to all!

P.S. - anyone catch our segment on the George Lopez show last Wednesday night? - It was a little sweet for my tastes, but what can I say - it was made to order for the show...

14. champamoore

champamoore New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    your dark comedic genius shines best in "son of..." imho.

any chance of a chance to get that on a disc, or even a link would be awesome!

feel free to hit me back here!

thanks!

you da man.