R15 went out already

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by vettegofast, Jan 15, 2006.

1. vettegofast

vettegofast New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    My R15 was acting sluggish and not giving me correct guide info, etc. Rebooted it and it would not come up at all. It would just say that its comming up and keep restarting the process. DirecTV sent me a new one. I have only been having it a month, Just for everyones info.

2. rick31621

rick31621 New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    So Calif
    Try to replace it with a R10 before they are no longer available. Ask D* for a return authorization and a credit to purchase the R10 on your own. Locally check Curcuit City, Best Buy and Office Depot. If you can't find it contact Weaknees.

3. Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003

Yeah because R10's are never defective within the warranty period. They last forever. :rolleyes:

4. Ace Deprave

Ace Deprave Tivo and Crawfish!

Jul 19, 2002
    Lake...
    :)

I'm on my third R10 since October. This one seems ok, though. The first two had problems right out of the box.

5. vettegofast

vettegofast New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Already got this new R15 up and recording. Hopefully it wont go. I can hear it accessing the HD when I change channels and access the "list" and stuff. I guess this one is a little louder than the old one for some reason.

6. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    FYI... R15 discussion, has been requested to be moved to the sister forum.

www.dbstalk.com

7. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    That's correct, Earl. Nice to see the board is sticking with that policy of not having that model discussed around here. That is, as long as whoever's posting doesn't have anything positive to say about it. :rolleyes:

8. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Even the threads that Have positive dicussion, I have refered them to go to DBSTalk.com
    (hence the reason why I even added it to my sig)

The owner/mods of the boards don't want it here anylonger... Their board, their rules.

9. vettegofast

vettegofast New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    By bad. Lock it.