R15 To-do list limitation

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by loopykd, Jan 22, 2006.

1. loopykd

loopykd New Member

Jan 22, 2006

Advertisements

Here's the problem:

I can't add any series links to my To-Do list. It asks me to delete other series links before I can add one. I have a total of 50 series links.

I have spent hours on the phone with DirecTv and they say there is no solution other than deleting items. I know software and database programs. This should be a simple fix by going into the database and removing the restriction of 50 on that field. Am I the only person in the entire world with this problem? This can't be!

DirecTV kept me on the phone for exactly 1 hour today and bounced me around to several different tiers of support and didn't resolve my issue. Can anyone help me? Please? I am dying here! Went from Tivo to this and it's crap!

2. Rax

Rax New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    In a box.
    50 sounds like enough to me.

3. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    The R15 isn't a TiVo so it isn't discussed here. I would expect that another forum devoted to the R15 or DirecTV DVRs would be a better bet.

4. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
  5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

Hey Earl,
    At least give the poor lost souls the link to the R15 section of DBSTalk. :)
    http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    What's truly sad is that the OP has spent all those hours on the phone with various CSR's trying to come up with something to resolve his problem when the only resolution is a software update.

By now it should be in the KB that when a customer has issues and they have 50 SL's and want to add more that it be politely explained to the customer immediately that 50 is the hard limitation and there's no way around it. No need to waste anyones time.