R10 questions

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Johnny 5, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Johnny 5

Johnny 5 New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Hi, I've got a brand new R10 unit that I have a few questions on. Apologies if these are dupes (I've searched the communities here and google to learn more), but still have a few questions:

1. What's the easiest way to play/view my mp3's/pics through the R10? Since DTV has disabled the networking features, is there a way to enable them via a modification or would I be better off buying a wireless media adapter?

2. Dialing out - don't have a phone line. Is there a way to modify the R10 to turn this feature off? If I don't perform the dialouts, will it have adverse effects on the R10?

Thanks in advance.

2. Want1394

Want1394 New Member

Oct 4, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    1. You can't so find (choose) another way/device/etc.
    2. No phone connection is needed after the initial setup call which requires a phone. There are threads here on how to do the setup for the sat service, then take the unit to another TV (say friends house, no sat connection needed) and do the DVR phone call. Then only a nag message occasionally, but nothing is affected.

3. Johnny 5

Johnny 5 New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Cool, thanks for the help.