R10 Picture Gone Crazy

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by dylanursula, Jan 3, 2006.

1. dylanursula

dylanursula Two R10s and a DVR40

Jan 4, 2005

Advertisements

Hey all

Hope you can help. My R10 (about 11 months old) periodically goes bizzare and the picture on the television goes dark, fades, and red vertical lines appear on the screen. The picture can be vaguely seen but unwatchable.... if I change inputs on my plasma i.e cable instead of DTV the picture is fine.

Any thoughts?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    How is the R10 connected to your TV? Try using different connectors (composite video instead of SVideo, for example). Also try using a different input on your TV to rule out a TV problem.

3. dylanursula

Jan 4, 2005
    I have tried different inputs but to no avail/... I am trying composite now instead of SVideo... time will tell as the porblem comes and goes.... :(

Could it be my Tivo box?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    It could be the R10 is failing, but it could also be a problem with that input on your TV. You'll have to swap things around to narrow down which one is causing the problem.

5. dylanursula

Jan 4, 2005

Advertisements

Hey all

SO far there have been no issues since changing to composite instead of SVideo.... any thoughts?

6. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Either your S-Video cable is bad, or the S-Video output on your R10 is bad.

7. jgrade

jgrade New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    There has been a thread on this a while back. My R-10 does the same thing, has since I got it. It does not make a difference how the video is delivered, it still has the crazy colors. The only to correct the problem is to reboot.