R10 Not Acquiring Info with full signal! ???

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by MannyE, Sep 11, 2007.

1. MannyE

MannyE Dalek Sec

Dec 7, 2001
    Miami...
    My R10 all of a sudden stopped acquiring info from the Sat. Both sats have over 70% signal strength but it doesn't go past 0%.

I have tried:

Restart
    Re-aiming the dish
    Unplug
    And at the moment I am clearing and deleting everything.

DirecTV is no help. The only solution they offer is to replace it and add an additoinal two year commitment plus increase my monthly rate by 5 bucks for the new lease. Screw that.

What is up with them lately? Customer service drones have gone from polite to downright unpleasant. They seem to think that the new HD channels allow them to treat us like crap. Not a good move.

Maybe it's time to look at Dish or ::shudder:: Comcast!

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    What dish do you have? What are the signal strengths on ALL transponders for each satellite?

3. MannyE

MannyE Dalek Sec

Dec 7, 2001
    Miami...
    I have the small oval dish with dual LNB (the one that's one horn with two outlets)

I will check all the transponders and list which ones are coming an and which not, but I can tell you that a quick check this morning revealed what seemed like most of the transponders coming in. (I will check again and write down what's coming in and what's not)

THanks for the response!

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    FYI, the 101 sat has 6 spot beam transponders. The strengths for those can be 0, 100, or somewhere in between depending on which one you are under. These are 4, 12, 18, 20, 26, & 28.

To ensure good reception I'd like to see at least mid 80s for the other TPs.

5. MannyE

MannyE Dalek Sec

Dec 7, 2001
    Miami...
    I will keep that in mind. Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be a looong night at work today (funny coincidence, I work at a TV channel that is about to join DirecTV and the presentation I am putting together is keeping me form fixing my own setup...lol).

I will check on them tomorrow and post the numbers.