R10 can't see sat 2

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by LoREvanescence, Feb 7, 2012.

1. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    My parents have a old R10 Direct Tivo. For the last few months it's been rendered essentially a single tuner, everything on the second tuner / sat 2 states no signal on sat 2. Is this likely a line problem or a tuner failure?

What should I try to trouble shoot this while I'm visiting them for the week?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
  3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    This can also sometimes happen when using the Tivo's SVideo connection to your TV. If that's the case, try using Composite Video (yellow RCA cable) instead.

4. LoREvanescence

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    thanks, that's looking like a very good start to try trouble shooting it. It just might be that.

5. LoREvanescence

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    Interesting, I swapped the cables to test the line. And of course as soon as I took the cable from sat 2 and put it on sat one, sat 1 was working. I was guessing that was going to happen after reading that thread.

but what happened next surprised me, sat 2 is working now.

Wonder if if it's temporary and will go out again, or if it's fixed.

I have checked the connection, taking sat 2 off and putting it back on and making sure it's tight so it wasn't a lose connection.

I'm still guessing there is a underlying problem but let's see what happens.