Qwest Choice TV in Phoenix Metro?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by ndfox1, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ndfox1

ndfox1 New Member

Feb 22, 2007

Advertisements

Has anyone in the Phoenix Metro (I'm in Mesa) used Qwest Choice TV with their TiVo? A Series 3?

I ask because I currently have a S3 with Cox (2 S-Cards, trying to get them to switch me to 2 M-Cards to see if it fixes my pixelation problems). Anyway, I was wondering if switching to Qwest would be easier/better? I'm also concerned about the SDV changes that might be in the pipe in the Phoenix metro soon. I know TiVo is working on the dongle, but who knows how short the supply will be or how many issues it will have.....

2. jebbbz

jebbbz Member

Sep 7, 2007
    35th and...
    The Series 3 (and the Tivo HD) lack A/V inputs so I do not believe there is any way to get a signal from Qwest Choice TV hardware into any Tivo except the Series 2. Also, there is no port for an IR blaster to allow an S3 (or THD) to control external hardware even if Qwest came out with something that could feed a signal into an S3 via the cable and antenna inputs.

So, sorry, no HD Tivo with Qwest.

3. pjhartman

pjhartman excitable boy

Jan 21, 2002
    Omaha, NE
    Up until recently I had Qwest Telechoice TV and had run it through Series 1, 2, and Tivo HD units. All analog, though, so the quality was not that great. Never had any cable boxes or cable cards.

4. ndfox1

ndfox1 New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Thanks guys. I was curious because Qwest is offering rebates on Series 2 boxes, but nothing mentioned how it worked with the S2.

Oh well.. Guess I'm stuck with Cox then. At least they aren't too bad.