Qustion if I cancel my tivo service

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by walk1355, Jan 15, 2006.

1. walk1355

walk1355 New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    I have a series 2 80 hour tivo and I was wondering if I cancelled the monthly service if I would be able to continue to use the tivo to go software to interface with my tivo?

The reason I want to do this is because the only thing that I use my tivo for is to transfer videos off of my computer that I have reencoded onto my tivo. If I cancel my monthly tivo service will I still be able to transfer stuff from my computer to my tivo?

Thanks for your help.

2. hitbyatrain

hitbyatrain Your Hero

Aug 15, 2004
    Austin
    Pretty sure you can't. The way I understand it, if you don't supscribe to the TiVo service, then you lose all of the functionality of the box.

3. Alfred Lanning

Alfred Lanning New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    The only functions that will remain are those inherent in the 30 minute buffer, pause, rewind and fast forward.

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Plus viewing anything in the NPL.

5. walk1355

walk1355 New Member

Jan 14, 2006

so i would still be able to transfer stuff from my computer to the tivo to watch on the tivo?

6. Alfred Lanning

Alfred Lanning New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    No.

7. walk1355

walk1355 New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    well according to classicsat stuff in my np list would still be functional and the stuff that i tranfer from my pc to the tivo appears in the np list, so why wouldnt it work?

8. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I think that the NPL is still available for viewing from that TiVo. But, to be able to transfer shows you need to have a subscription.

9. simonalope

simonalope New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    People's...
    You would be able to play back recordings currently stored on the TiVo's drive. You would not be able to add anything to the NPL, however, whether by recording or by transferring.

10. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    And you'll be like all the other lame people without TIVO........

11. lajohn27

lajohn27 Fanboi.. So what?

Dec 29, 2003
    Canada
    Home Media features and functionality are only functional with a subscription.

An unsubscribed box will not be visible to the TIVO Desktop software and vice versa.