TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Quoted full price by Tivo Support for Lifetime?

Tags
bolt lifetime
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  dianebrat 
#1 ·
I've had several Roamio's that in the past I called up Tivo and got a lifetime upgrade for $149 or $199.

Have a Bolt that the agreement on it expires today so I called Tivo and they said they want the full $550 for Lifetime.

Have they stopped doing deals on Lifetime or is this just a Bolt thing? I flat out told her I was going to cancel if they couldn't give me a deal and the best she could do is $10 a month. I can buy a lifetime Bolt on eBay for $300 so I'm certainly not paying full price.

#2 ·
It’s never been official.

Based on who you talk to and any extenuating circumstances (ie: your unit failed).

You’re looking for a 70% discount just because you’re a current customer and threatened to leave? Good luck.

Lifetime is not meant to be added on after a monthly/yearly agreement ends.

#3 ·
You're looking for a 70% discount just because you're a current customer and threatened to leave? Good luck.

Lifetime is not meant to be added on after a monthly/yearly agreement ends.
Didn't mean to sound like I was being a jerk and trying to put the screws to them. My Tivos have have been great and I've been happy with the company.
I've honestly called at the end of my Roamio agreements in the past and they very nicely gave me lifetime upgrades that I though were fair for both sides. From reading posts here over the years I thought that was pretty common after a 2 year deal ends. If not, then not a big deal. I do appreciate the $10 a month she offered and might take it if I didn't have working lifetime Roamios.

As we stream more I'm looking to slim down from 7 boxes to just the two and picked the Bolts since they have faster apps, built in Stream and newer drives.
I will probably just keep the Mini and Stream and use two Roamios.

Appreciate the education.

#5 ·
The lifetime service deals are generally on the older devices (premiere or roamio) - the bolt and edge are both considered the newest devices. All things equal, like you said, you can probably get a bolt off ebay with lifetime included for a little more. OR wait until they have one of their sales - I think in march, you were able to get the a new bolt 4 tuner with service for around $300 or so - they also have sometimes have sales where they let you transfer your roamio lifetime plan to a bolt for $99 (if you still have one lying around and you occasionally have it connect).

#6 ·
they also have sometimes have sales where they let you transfer your roamio lifetime plan to a bolt for $99 (if you still have one lying around and you occasionally have it connect).
I think you mean Premiere (or older). I don't recall this group promo being done for the Roamio line (although I think some have received this kind of deal on an individual basis for unrepairable Roamios)

#10 ·
One issue (other than the CSR randomness) is that you have a still valid subscription and that gets them the most income, let it expire for a few months and then you may have better odds of them making an offer to get you back, on the flip side there are plenty of used lifetime units out there for a lot less than $550

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.